The Silver Level of the award builds upon the basics of the Bronze Level and rewards organisations that take a more holistic view of the workplace.
1. The organisation will be expected to develop and implement health related policies. These should include, but not be limited to:
• Health and Safety policy
• Drugs and/or Alcohol policy
• Mental Health and Wellbeing Policy
• Healthy Eating Policy
2. The company will participate in a minimum of four local, regional or national health related campaigns.
3. Systems will be in place to monitor and review health activities.
4. Physical activity will be encouraged.
5. Consultation should take place with employees on the development and implementation of a healthy eating policy.
6. Equality and diversity issues will be addressed, to include the needs of carers, pregnant and breastfeeding workers and workers with disabilities where appropriate. This is in addition to statutory requirements under health and safety legislation.
7. Provide evidence of health risk reduction strategies for identified risks.
8. Ill health cases should be reported and investigated, in consultation with recognised trade union safety representatives where appropriate.
9. Information to be provided to contractors and visitors in relation to health issues.